DIY bed sheets



Learning how to sew has so many advantages. As a mom whose budgeting means so much, I always seek for alternative ways on how to save money when buying house hold's stuff. When i learned to sew, I saved 50 % on my budget. I learned the DIY procedure of pot holder, kiddie dress and bags from used clothes and now i learned how to make bed sheets. I enjoyed sewing bed sheets, I can choose any color and any types of fabric.  Gladly I found the best and cheapest fabrics store nearby. 
Doing this project, you have to prepare the following materials:
  • bed sheet fabric
  • scissor
  • tape measure
  • sewing machine
  • needle and string
The procedure in making a bed sheet is so easy when you follow the instructions right. First you have to choose a fabric, you can buy it from the fabric store. In the Philippines, all kinds of fabrics will be found in Divisoria but in my place, I buy fabrics in mang Tino's store at UPLB his price is the same as divisoria's.

This project is designed for bed size of 60x 75 inches with 4 inches thickness

Procedure:

diy bed sheet procedure



  • Cut a 76x91 inches fabric
  • Cut the 8x8 inches square of four corners like what you see on the image with dotted lines.


  • connect the corners (follow the arrows) by folding them together two times of 1/4 inch each fold then sew.
  • After attaching and sewing the corners, you will now figure a box-like image. Fold the edge of the bed sheet two times with half an inch each fold then sew it to prevent ripping..
  • Insert a 10 inch garter in each corner within the "G" marks which is 20 inches long. make sure to insert the garter in the middle of the corner, this will serve as the holders of the bed sheet.
Now, were done with the bed sheet, my next blog would be making a pillow case. That's all folks and enjoy making your own bed sheet now!


Picture Gallery

Random Posts

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks