DIY Hair Pony Tail out of Recycled Socks

It's kid's drawers cleaning time! I had to separate all the good ones from the old ones. the result: a bulk of used old socks! These socks are made of thick, soft fabrics that's why I had a guilt feeling thinking that I had to throw all of them. My heart says..."don't throw them, instead think of a way to make these used socks useful."...and so I followed my heart. I started to remember what I always tell to myself whenever I do sorting things like this: reduce...re-use and recycle. Now I will show you how to make another DIY craft from used old socks, a hair pony tail.

Making this project is very simple, you just need to provide all the materials needed to make a hair pony tail made from used old socks. Moms like me, with long hair and always busy doing household chores, never been comfortable with laid hair while working at home. I want a bulk of hair pony tail in my beauty kit. Since I love recycling, I asked my self "why not make pony tails out of these waste socks". So here I am, typing my keyboard, complete with images to make a tutorial blog about recycling used old socks to hair pony tail.

Materials Needed:
  • used old socks, plain of printed
  • scissor
  • garter to be inserted inside the pony tail.
  • sewing machine or sewing kit if don't have one.
  • stick for inverting the sewed product

used socks recycling
Procedure in making a hair pony tail out of socks:
diy socks recycling
  • Get 1 pc. of used old socks
  • remove both ends
  • divide in to two parts
  • sew the reverse side the revert using a stick
  • attach the end to connect and make a round shape
  • we're done!
I used gray and white for this project but you can choose any color you want from the bulk of used old socks you sorted. If you have girl"s socks with colorful designs, it would be best fit to this project. I am sure your kids would love to wear it knowing that you made it for them with love. So start sorting and be creative in making products like this. Goodluck to your new found hobby! Remember that throwing things to garbage doesn't mean cleanliness, real cleanliness comes from the heart who loves the environment and mind that always thinks what's good to our mother earth. Recycling benefits not the environment but Us!

Random Posts

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks