DIY X-ray Film recycling



Handicraft is already a part of my everyday routine, without it my life wouldn't be complete. Making recycled handicraft became my obsession so I really spend time researching about different handicrafts made from recycled materials.

Last week, my husband spent a few days vacation in Cabanatuan City in Nueva Ecija to celebrate with his family for his mother's 79th birthday. He was so surprised to discover that his brother is also in recycling. My brother-in law makes butterfly wall decors from recycled x-ray films. Since my husband supports my advocacy in recycling waste, he was so excited to tell the good news to me and of course, I was so excited to instruct him to learn the procedure on how to recycle x-ray film to a butterfly wall decor and it was not as hard as I thought. This tutorial is DIY craft, which means you can do it your self.

diy x-ray film recycled to wall decor

diy x-ray film recycling

diy x-ray film recycling

diy x-ray film recycling

These butterflies move like real as shown on the video.



Materials needed in making butterfly wall decor:

  •  x-ray film
  • round wood or tree branch
  • plywood
  • paint
  • paint brush
  • sand paper
  • nylon cord
Procedure in making butterfly wall decor:
  • prepare the platform (plywood). Paint a flower on it.
  • draw a butterfly image on the x-ray film.
  • paint the butterfly with different colors.
  • cut the butterfly and put a body using the painted branch.
  • make the antennae and and legs using a thin nylon cord.
  • connect the finished butterfly on the platform.
  • put a triangular holder at the back of the platform then hang the butterfly wall decor.



Random Posts

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks